Saturday, September 3

jelly night

Tonight have something to do with jelly. First I went for dinner with my family and my uncle's family. The restaurant call "Sek Ka" where it's near the Ampang old folk's house (also near the 九王爷 temple). We order 7 dishes (like 奶油虾,京都排骨,古式蒸鱼,药材马来鸡 etc) and got one free soup and a plate of fruits. The food is very good and it only cost us RM199 (included the beers for my father and uncle) for eleven people (10 adults and a kid). Not a very costly dinner, but we only have one complained! This restaurant also provide the karaoke for customer and they had tune up the volume so loud until we need to shout if chat with the person sit next to us =p Besides, those so called "karaoke's singers" really torture our mental during the dinner! Out of tune singing style seems to be everyone favourite =)
We quickly "ran" out from this restaurant after we done our dinner. *If you wanna have a decent and quite meal in this clean environment, be there before 7pm or weekday should the wise choice.
After the dinner, we went to my uncle's house and my sister had brought the custom make jelly cake. The jelly look very cute which a boy wearing a gown with scroll on hand. But the words on the scroll are a mistake made by the chef. "Happy Birthday" is not the words my sister looking for while order this jelly cake. But its ok, the "cake" tastes good. Thanks sis!

8 Comments:

Blogger Namika said...

this is the first time I hear about jelly cake.. looks yummy though :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger oceanric said...

smurf: Yeah, my sister purposely order this jelly cake for me. It's a surprise to me!

12:36 AM  
Blogger oceanric said...

namika: the jelly cake taste good and smell great too. My cousin is keep eating without give a pause ;) You should try it if have chance!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

wow, the jelly cake is really something i have never tried before too. where she got it and how much?

8:47 AM  
Blogger oceanric said...

it's a home made jelly from taman desa

1:00 AM  
Blogger oceanric said...

yeah...you are right! I'm just like a new born baby after graduated =) hahaha!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger oceanric said...

melissa: I tried the jelly mooncakes before...taste "cold"!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Lam Shi Ni, Christine said...

Hi, can i have the contact for the jelly cake person from Taman Desa?
I want to give it a try too hehe ^^
My email is clsn88@gmail.com

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home