Thursday, June 9

the guts to try?!

I have no idea what on earth make me take this step...Last few days, I came across a recruitment ad on newspaper regarding Jr. Art Director vacancy from advertising agency. So i sent my CV to them without further thinking...gees, you must thought I'm crazy (because I'm just an ordinary IT student ;-) On second day, I get a phone call from this company which informs me to attend an interview on next day. While on the phone, I told this lady that I have no experience on art design at all and also told her I did not own any portfolio. Since she is a nice lady (i think she is...), she still set an interview appointment for me.
On the judgment day...ehhh, is interview day actually. I went to this advertising agency around 4pm, and fill up the form (like usual). After waiting for a while, a lady came in and she look at the form. The first impression she gave me was a face with 100% surprise! She asks me why i apply for Jr. Art Director since I had no experience whereby this position require to guide people through out the project. So I gave some explanation...blah, blah, blah. Later on, she said i should apply for graphic design (as a entry level job position) and ask for my portfolio. Then I tell her the cruelest truth..."I don't have any portfolio" WahLah, another surprise face...geees, I hope her heart still in good condition. Yet is time for another explanation...blah, blah, blah. Bingo, explanation accepted. So she want me to create or build or draw or make or whatsoever (pick either one because I didn't remember what she really said) something with the given so-called title at home and then email the finish work to her. So she will figure out my capabilities base on my work. Last, she told me that my salary will be around RM1300 - RM1500 (if i get hire).
After all these conversation, we shook hands and I leave this company...with a smile, a big smile. I think I'm out of my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home